Re: [MacPerl] OT: Printing Many Files

At 2:26 PM +0000 6/23/99, matt@makalumedia.com wrote:
>Hello Folks,
>
>Do any of you know of a way to print an entire project of source BBEdit files
>automatically-- i.e. I'd like to point *something* (Perl script, AppleScript,
>BBEdit function, ...) to a project directory, and have all text files
>(even in
>subdirectories) printed automatically, without bringing up the print
>dialog box.

You won't be able to avoid the print dialog box completely - that I'm aware
of.

Probably the best solution for automating printing is to try and use the
Desktop Print Manager (which is an FBA that hides in the scripting
additions folder). It is AppleScriptable - and thus, glueScriptable.  That
should give you something to look at.  Sorry, you are running >=8.5, yes?

You could also try using a straight perl solution, writing out to
/dev/printer.  Of course, you'll have to do all the formating and paging
yourself, I b'lve?

-Jeff Lowrey