Re: [MacPerl] OT: Printing Many Files

>>Matt Henderson writes 23 June 1999
>>
>>>Do any of you know of a way to print an entire project of source BBEdit files
>>>automatically--
>
>Unfortuantely, asking the Finder to print something is exactly akin to
>manually selecting the item in the Finder and choosing "Print" from the
>File Menu.  It launches the application that created the document, and
>tells the application to print it.  (I.e. sends the print AppleEvent to the
>application in question).
>
>This brings up whatever print dialog box the application ususally brings up.

No, definitely not. I checked the script before sending the e-mail. Files
in the folder are printed with no dialog boxes coming up at all. True.
Really.

If the application (say BBEdit) isn't running the Finder will launch it and
then print the files, all without any dialogs. I just checked that too.
Really. Try it.

This is with MacOS 8.5 BTW -- I'm not sure what the state of affairs is
with earlier verions of AppleScript.

>P.S. is there a better list for this discussion - since we both think it's
>OT for the macperl list?

Maybe, but this is just the sort of thing that does crop up quite
frequently in a MacPerlish environment.

Alan Fry