[MacPerl] Troubles using GD examples

I thought I would try running one of the GD examples and got the following
compilation message:

# Can't load 'Kahoona:Programming:MacPerl Ÿ:MacPerl_5.20r4:MacPerl
Ÿ:lib:auto:GD:GD' for module GD: # DynaLoader error [-43, GD].
File 'Kahoona:Programming:MacPerl Ÿ:MacPerl_5.20r4:MacPerl
Ÿ:lib:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 172

File 'Kahoona:Programming:MacPerl Ÿ:MacPerl_5.20r4:MacPerl
Ÿ:ext:GD:demos:brushes.pl'; Line 3
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File 'Kahoona:Programming:MacPerl Ÿ:MacPerl_5.20r4:MacPerl
Ÿ:ext:GD:demos:brushes.pl'; Line 3

I did not add any extra modules or change the standard issue setup for MacPerl.

Any ideas on what to look for or why I am getting an error message from the
Dynaloader?

I read the comments in the Dynaloader.pm file above line 172.  I am not
sure what I can do about it though.

Thanks,

John