Re: [MacPerl] Troubles using GD examples

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, John C. Potter wrote:

> I thought I would try running one of the GD examples and got the following
> compilation message:
>
> # Can't load 'Kahoona:Programming:MacPerl Ÿ:MacPerl_5.20r4:MacPerl
> Ÿ:lib:auto:GD:GD' for module GD: # DynaLoader error [-43, GD].
> File 'Kahoona:Programming:MacPerl Ÿ:MacPerl_5.20r4:MacPerl
> Ÿ:lib:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 172
>
> Any ideas on what to look for or why I am getting an error message from the
> Dynaloader?
>
> I read the comments in the Dynaloader.pm file above line 172.  I am not
> sure what I can do about it though.

Hi, John

Check your @INC. Look under Edit->Preferences->Libraries. Because this
particular Dynaloader error really means that the GD library isn't being
found. And actually check to see that you've got the library - look in
":MacPerl f:lib:MacPPC:GD:".

I ran a couple of those demo scripts (modified to output to file) and they
work OK.

Arved