RE: [MacPerl] MacPerl, AppleEvents and Timeouts

At 15.02 -0400 1999.07.22, Creede Lambard (Volt Computer) wrote:
>- No, I haven't tried Mac::Glue. I picked it up when I first started working
>on this stuff, but I don't remember why I haven't looked further into it.

It has been changed a lot recently, and just hit beta (version 0.50).

>- I don't know what card/clos is either. It's something CaptureAE reported
>that Frontier was sending. There were also a bunch of events being reported
>as being sent by "Application Switcher," but leaving all that out doesn't
>seem to have affected the script. Since I'm quitting Frontier immediately
>after I run the script, card/clos may not be that important.

It probably isn't, but I dunno.  Try the Mac::OSA::Simple one, it should
work just fine, I think.  If not, Mac::AppleEvents::Simple or Mac::Glue
would suffice.

>- I looked at your tutorial about two weeks ago. I'd love to look at it
>again when pudge.net comes back. :D

You can use pudge.darkridge.com in the meantime (it just points to pudge.net).

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])