RE: [MacPerl] MacPerl, AppleEvents and Timeouts

At 12:02 -0700 7/22/99, Creede Lambard (Volt Computer) wrote:
>- I don't know what card/clos is either. It's something CaptureAE reported
>that Frontier was sending. There were also a bunch of events being reported
>as being sent by "Application Switcher," but leaving all that out doesn't
>seem to have affected the script. Since I'm quitting Frontier immediately
>after I run the script, card/clos may not be that important.

card/clos should be related to Frontier closing one of its pseudo-dialogs
(which are actually rather clever things, at one time called MacBird for no
reason I ever understood).

In Frontier 4.2.3, system.verbs.apps.card.close() is one thing which sends
the card/clos event.

   --John
--
John W. Baxter, Port Ludow, WA, USA   jwbaxter@olympus.net
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens.