Re: [MacPerl] Presenting MPFE

Kevin Reid, <kpreid@ibm.net> wrote:

> # MacPerl Fractal Explorer (MPFE) v1.0
> # by Kevin Reid <kpreid@ibm.net>

[snippage]

Impressive, as usual.  Only compliant is that when I hit and move off the "E" button without making a selection, I get:

# Use of uninitialized value.
File 'MyrmiDonna:Applications:Development_Tools:MacPerl Ÿ:lib:Mac:Menus.pm'; Line 88
# Use of uninitialized value.
File 'MyrmiDonna:Applications:Development_Tools:MacPerl Ÿ:lib:Mac:Menus.pm'; Line 90
# Use of uninitialized value.
File 'MyrmiDonna:Applications:Development_Tools:MacPerl Ÿ:lib:Mac:Menus.pm'; Line 90

I haven't fully explored the reasons for that.

This is just a minor flaw overall.  However one can't presume that just because the user selects a menu, that he's going to select an *ITEM* from that menu.  A finished app (which I know this demo isn't intended to be) would have to take that into account.  I'm quibbling, yes?

Other than the quibble, WOW!!!

Wish list (?):

Colored Mandelbrot
Julia Sets
Newton's Method

The above wish list is NOT to be taken entirely seriously.  If I really wanted it badly enough I'd write it myself, neh?

At the risk of being needlessly redundant: WOW!!!

--B

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
#
# First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.
# Then you win.                                     --Mohandas Gandhi