Re: [MacPerl] Presenting MPFE

Brian McNett wrote:

> Kevin Reid, <kpreid@ibm.net> wrote:
>
> > # MacPerl Fractal Explorer (MPFE) v1.0
> > # by Kevin Reid <kpreid@ibm.net>
>
> [snippage]
>
> Impressive, as usual.  Only compliant is that when I hit and move off the
> "E" button without making a selection, I get:
>
> # Use of uninitialized value.
> File 'MyrmiDonna:Applications:Development_Tools:MacPerl
<snip>
> I haven't fully explored the reasons for that.

It's a bug in Mac::Menus. I have reported it to Matthias. To fix it in
your copy of MacPerl, make this change to lib:Mac:Menus.pm :

sub _HandleMenu {
    my($menuid, $item) = @_;
    return unless defined $menuid; #<<<<< add this line
    my($handler);

> Wish list (?):
>
> Colored Mandelbrot

That will be in the next version.

> Julia Sets
> Newton's Method

No idea how to make these, but if you'll provide an algorithm or at
least a few hints...

> At the risk of being needlessly redundant: WOW!!!

Thank you. :)

--
 Kevin Reid: |    Macintosh:
  "I'm me."  | Think different.