[MacPerl] Concatenating files

I have what is probably a simple question, but I haven't had much luck
solving it myself, so I thought I would throw it out to the group.

I have several text files where I have two columns of data delimited
by a tab.  I would like to combine these files into a single file with
many tab delimited columns.  The approach I am taking involves
creating a hash that contains anonymous references to other lists,
reading each of the files, splitting each line on the tab, and
appending the resulting list to one of the anonymous lists stored in
the hash.

Is there a module to perform this operation or perhaps a more elegant
way to do this?

--

Richard L. Anderson
Department of Behavior Analysis