[MacPerl] Resource file hacking with MacPerl

Can someone suggest a technique for using MacPerl to write
applications that modify resource files?  I notice, somewhat to
my dismay, that MacPerl does not appear to maintain separate resource
file chains for itself and its application, and a cursory look at the
Mac::* modules doesn't reveal one that incorporates the "resource
editor" routines (the ones that don't open resource files into the
resource chain).  I can use OpenResFile but (1) it worries me
greatly when I add random "stuff" to MacPerl's resource chain, and
(2) it doesn't let me do things like get a list of all the resources in
a file and their meta-data.

I'm not on this list, so please be sure to CC: directly to me.

  -joseph

--
Joseph N. Hall, prop., 5 Sigma Productions       mailto:joseph@5sigma.com
Author, Effective Perl Programming . . . . . http://www.effectiveperl.com