Re: [MacPerl] What's Latest MacPerl

In article <199907232226.HAA11271@gpo.metropolis.net.au>, Henry Penninkilampi <htp@metropolis.net.au> writes:
> Isn't Mac OS X supposed to be pretty-much POSIX compliant in this area.
> If that's the case, then won't this problem sort itself out when X goes
> mainstream?

Oh yes, but not right away. It has been 5 years since Macintoshes went PowerPC,
but there are still too many people using 68K for me to drop support. As
another precedent, System 7 came out in 1990, I think, and I dropped System 6
support around 1995.

Matthias

  "And that's why I am going to turn this world upside down, and make
   of it a fire so *bright* that someone real will notice"
                                -- Vernor Vinge, _Tatja Grimm's World_