[MacPerl] getting the size of an image

Okay I hate to be a pest, but I have yet another question.

I am working on a script that takes a set of photoshop jpg's and buildes a HTML
slide show out of them.  It pulls the text out of the resource fork for each
image, and organizes the page based on te names of the images.

My problem is that I need to be able to get the actual size of the images so
that I may write that into the HTML.  I had planned on using the pict preview
to determine the height and width(i.e. preview width * (true height/preview
height) = true width) this was before my co-worker reminded me that not all of
our photos came in with one standard height.

My question is, how can I get the true height and width from these photo's?  Is
this possible with macperl?

Thanks
Ben