[MacPerl] re:Still Not Quoting body from a WWWboard post

Sorry, I was stupid again.  WRAP=HARD worked, once I put it the right place.

Now this code is giving me output with <p> and <br>, but only get |'s
at the beginnings of paragraphs:

   print NEWFILE "<textarea WRAP=HARD name=\"body\" COLS=50 ROWS=10>\n";
    if ($quote_text == 1) {
       @chunks_of_body = split(/
       foreach $chunk_of_body (@chunks_of_body) {
          @lines_of_body = split(/<br>/,$chunk_of_body);
          foreach $line_of_body (@lines_of_body) {
             print NEWFILE "| $line_of_body\n";
          }
          print NEWFILE "\n";

Example:
I read this message:

Saw the network sockets problems again.

And post this followup:

| Saw the network sockets problems again.

Lots and lots of garbage here, what'll I do when
you are far away and I am blue what'll I do?
What'll I do with just a photogaph to tell my
troubles to?

and get this when I try to do another followup:

| | Saw the network sockets problems again. <p>Lots and lots of
garbage here, what'll I do when <br>you are far away and I am blue
what'll I do? <br>What'll I do with just a photogaph to tell my

(Acknowledgement to Irving Berlin for "What'll I do?)