Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl yodels

In article <199908312056.NAA02875@pacific.telebyte.com>, Brian McNett <webmaster@mycoinfo.com> writes:

>> Our own Matthias Neeracher is currently employed in Apple's Speech group...

> Where he works on projects he is not at liberty to discuss...

Actually, most of my current work is declassified. Basically, I work on all of
the speech related code that is not directly connected to the HI. As an
example, I implemented the algorithmic parts of the voice login system that was
demoed in today's Seybold keynote, while things like the neato display and the
drumroll were done by someone else. We wrote voice login pretty much from
scratch, but most of my work is maintaining the backend portions of the
substantial existing speech synthesis and recognition codebases.

Matthias

  "Java is not a product or an OS or a platform, it's just a brand"
                                          -- Dave Winer