Re: FW: [MacPerl] chineese scroll

As far as scanning the scroll we already have the pictures available; just not a good way to view them. the biggest downside to having one image being viewed through a web browser is that the files are *huge*. I have grave doubts about the majority of people having enough memory to open an entire file at once. Which brought me around to the thought of using perl to cut out a section of the image and send it to you.

Perhaps a combination of the two (imagemap and cgi)? The cgi to scroll you along, the image map to zoom in.

le meas
--Nick
===== Want to unsubscribe from this list? ===== Send mail with body "unsubscribe" to macperl-request@macperl.org