[MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

so I just downloaded a module and it's a tar.gz, I can unstuff that,
I tried to run makefile.pl and I got this error:
# Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm in @INC.
File 'harddrive:Desktop Folder:MailTools-1.13:Makefile.PL'; Line 12
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File 'harddrive:Desktop Folder:MailTools-1.13:Makefile.PL'; Line 12

Does anyone know where to find and install makemaker.pm

karl

PS trying to make sense of the readme that say's this:

You install the library by running these commands:

    perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make test
    make install

	-==Karl Long==-
	     -== mailto:klong@viant.com?subject=the%20money%20IOU ==-
	-== http://www.viant.com ==-
		-= aol im: mrukfunky =-
-=42 is the answer, the only problem is figuring out the question=-