Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:54:02 -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:

>First, I don't see a problem.  If you cannot read "DISREGARD THE
>INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW" then you can't follow the (inappropriate)
>installation instructions that follow.

What a horrible condensending attitude.

>I do not like, at all, the idea of changing docs.  A note at the top of the
>docs is the only change I would ever make to the README.  I think anything
>else is bad form.

I don't see the need to distribute any totally irrelevant stuff. If
people want the original docs, there are places enough where they can
find them, e.g. in a distribution for a platform where it IS relevant.

What's the need for all this intimidation? Only absolute newbies will
ever attempt to read these docs. They don't even understand all that
they're reading, so it should be made as painless as possible. Stuff you
don't need to know AT ALL shouldn't be in there. Period.

If you don't provide a newbie-friendly introduction README, then you'll
probably deter some people from even TRYING OUT MacPerl. They'll
download it, take one look at these docs, and throw everything in the
bin.

However, it should be made clear right from the start that these are not
the original docs.

--
	Bart.