Re: [MacPerl] icons

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 03:14:52PM -0700, Nicholas G. Thornton wrote:
> I'm interested in writing a program that strips off custom icons from items
> dropped on it. To do this I was wondering "where" the icon is stored. (any
> other hints'd be good too)

That depends on the item.  Custom icons for folders are stored in a file
named "Icon\cM" within the folder.  Custom icons for files are generally
stored in the resource fork of the application, according to the file's
Creator type.  Custom icons for applications are stored in the
application's resource fork.

Ronald