Re: [MacPerl] .TAR

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 04:36:32AM -0700, Nicholas G. Thornton wrote:
} Is there any free way to go abouts un-taring stuff? I saw the MacPerl thing to
} mess around with tars on pudge.net... unfortunately it's tarred. And for
} stuffit to do it costs money my poor college student self can't afford

There's SunTar, there's Tar, there's MacGzip, all available at Mac
download sites and Info-Mac, all free.  But the best way is to use
MacPerl itself.  If you install Chris Nandor's cpan-mac, you'll have
everthing you need, including a droplet named "untarzipme.plx", to do
this easily for the typical .tar.gz.  There are also an installer
droplet for the typical CPAN module, and CPAN-shell.plx itself, which
is the best way to navigate CPAN.

}
} --Nick

Paul Schinder