Re: [MacPerl] README

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Chris Nandor wrote:

> http://pudge.net/macperl/README
> http://pudge.net/macperl/README.patch
>
> Comments welcome.  I plan on submitting it to the perl porters.

This looks good, about as good as possible, I'd imagine, for a Grand
Unified Readme.  I hope it passes inspection before the Great Council of
Perl Poobahs.

[Isn't it odd that the most important things to the owner of the code, the
licensing restrictions, are the most boring thing to a potential user? I'd
bet that the legalese is a primary reason most people skip readmes.]

And I'm excited to see consensus popping up about the Help menu
items--both the original perl name _and_ the expanded English version
belong.  That alone is worth the price of a new MacPerl.  ;)

Excellent things have come from this discussion so far.  Thanks to
everybody for hanging in there while only smoke was being produced.

The last thing left is the Readme.Mac.  I'll try to suggest somethings as
soon as I can.  Non-list-related things have come up, so my response may
not be too quick.

--
MattLangford