Re: [MacPerl] Making a standalone application.

At 17.22 -0500 1999.10.25, terry chay wrote:
>	Basically I would like to present my MacPerl as a stand alone
>application with the source code in the documentation. This way
>people wouldn't need to install the MacPerl application in order to
>run it. I am aware of the bloatware issue--the application just
>contains the compiler and will still be dynamically compiled at
>runtime.
>
>	When I ask MacPerl to compile a runtime, if I move the
>application from the MacPerl folder, the error I might get is...
># Can't locate strict.pm in @INC.
>I manually get around this by creating a text resource titled
>"strict.pm" or "MIME:Base64.pm" or whatever and keep adding them
>until it successfully starts up. This can get quite tedious if my
>script uses some Internet packages because those packages seem to
>call other packages until I have 27+ text resources :-)

Get RuntimeBuilder.  It is on the http://www.macperl.com/ site and can
probably be found by searching the MacPerl mailing list archives.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])