[MacPerl] Making a standalone application.

Forgive me if these questions are too simple/idiotic/already on the
FAQ. I haven't done Perl programming in 6+ years, and I've only
started to mess with MacPerl last week. :-)

	Basically I would like to present my MacPerl as a stand alone
application with the source code in the documentation. This way
people wouldn't need to install the MacPerl application in order to
run it. I am aware of the bloatware issue--the application just
contains the compiler and will still be dynamically compiled at
runtime.

	When I ask MacPerl to compile a runtime, if I move the
application from the MacPerl folder, the error I might get is...
# Can't locate strict.pm in @INC.
I manually get around this by creating a text resource titled
"strict.pm" or "MIME:Base64.pm" or whatever and keep adding them
until it successfully starts up. This can get quite tedious if my
script uses some Internet packages because those packages seem to
call other packages until I have 27+ text resources :-)

	In any case, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In
the cases it doesn't I can't find if it a human error (I've pasted in
the wrong resource or whatever) or an error because my method is
flawed. Is there a way to have MacPerl create and include these
resources automatically?

	Another issue is licensing. I'm not trying to sell my
software but I'm unfamiliar if it is actually legal for me to be
pasting resources such as GUSI.ph or Carp.pm as Resources. If I am
allowed, what must I include with the distribution?

	Finally, is there a tutorial for using Navigation Services
with Perl? Basically what I want to have Perl call NS so that it can
select a folder (or not call NS at all if it is not available and
instead use GUSI.ph's default folder chooser). I haven't the faintest
idea where to start. Thankfully I found the code for selecting a
folder using GUSI in the FAQ.

	Thanks for the help,

		terry

terry chay