[MacPerl] MacPerl installation, folders

I experience the number and names of folders within the "MacPerl Ÿ" folder
as very confusing.

Why is there a "MacPerl Scripts" and a "macscripts" folder?
Why is there an "ext" folder with mostly .t files? Is this for
testing - then why isn't it named appropriately?
What module is used when - ":lib:Mac:AppleEvents.pm" or "lib:MacPPC:Mac:
AppleEvents:AppleEvents"?

What do others think?
I consider the pure amount of folders and files in the top level folder
harder to grasp when the "README.???" problem so thoroughly discussed here.

Regards

Axel