Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl installation, folders

In article <v04205501b43a76b594e1@[172.16.22.38]>, Axel Rose <rose@sj.com> writes:
> Why is there a "MacPerl Scripts" and a "macscripts" folder?

MacPerl Scripts contains the scripts that get included in the Script menu.
macscripts contains scripts of various & dubious usefulness.

> Why is there an "ext" folder with mostly .t files? Is this for
> testing - then why isn't it named appropriately?

In the development tree, ext contains all of the Mac toolbox extension source
code. All that is relevant of it for the end user distribution are the demo
scripts in the t subfolders.

> What module is used when - ":lib:Mac:AppleEvents.pm" or "lib:MacPPC:Mac:
> AppleEvents:AppleEvents"?

The first is the Perl code, which then loads the compiled shared library in the
second.

> I consider the pure amount of folders and files in the top level folder
> harder to grasp when the "README.???" problem so thoroughly discussed here.

Agreed. Feel free to redesign the top level folder structure. Since Chris is
already the designated library czar, it might be most logical to designate him
the packaging czar as well if he's willing to do that.

Matthias

   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_