Re: [MacPerl] Re: [MacPerl-WebCGI] MacPerl CGI and Mac-based Web Servers Puzzle

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 10:19:15PM +0100, Axel Rose wrote:
> Dear Ronald,
>
> >   foreach $key (keys(%ENV)) {
> >	print "$key => $ENV{$key}<br>\n";
> >	}

> >The returned page produces the following (cut and paste from Netscape):
> >
> >   => SERVER_SOFTWARE
> >   GET => SERVER_NAME
> >   Keep-Alive => HTTP_HOST
> >   MACPERL => Macintosh_HD:Applications:MacPerl Ä:
> >   80 => SCRIPT_NAME
> >   Mozilla/4.61 (Macintosh; I; PPC) => HTTP_CONNECTION
> >   iso-8859-1,*,utf-8 => HTTP_ACCEPT
> >   192.168.5.4 => REQUEST_METHOD
> >   MacHTTP/2.0 => GATEWAY_INTERFACE
> >   TMPDIR => Macintosh HD:Temporary Items:
> >   CGI/1.1 => SERVER_PROTOCOL
> >   en => HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET
> >   /cgi-bin/test.cgi => HTTP_USER_AGENT
> >   gzip => HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE
> >   HTTP/1.0 => REMOTE_ADDR
> >   USER => Ronald Thisted
> >   PERL5LIB => Macintosh_HD:Applications:MacPerl Ä:lib
> >
> >Note how the %ENV hash is trashed.
>
> I don't understand completely what you are saying with "trashed".

By trashed, I mean that some of the keys should be values, and some of the
values should be keys.

> I suppose it has to do with not masking '>'. You should write:
>    print "$key =&gt; $ENV{$key}<br>\n";

Good point.  Although that would not have caused the problem shown above.

Unfortunately, I don't recall this thread well enough to remember how or if
it was resolved.

Ronald