Re: [MacPerl] LWP - close connection

On 11/10/99 at 11:38 AM, g-s@navix.net (Greenblatt & Seay) wrote:

> Because my modem retains its connection after the MacPerl program has
> quit requiring me to be there to log off.

Assuming your Mac is connecting with PPP, there's no relationship
between LWP's connection with a web server, which has presumably closed,
and the Mac OS' connection with your ISP's PPP server, which will remain
open until you shut it manually or get timed out by your ISP.

This latter connection is opened automatically by any TCP/IP request
from the Mac if you want to manipulate it, you need to talk to Remote
Access.

Chris has some scripts for this purpose, but I've not played with them:

    http://pudge.net/macperl/

  -nat

--
Nat Irons      |  873D 7978 23FC 37FE 10D5  | "Which" is deletable
ndi@bumppo.net |  349A F57F 0FAA F4D4 B19A  |  and nonrestrictive