Re: [MacPerl] Serial/USB Comm via MacPerl

One thing I've been interested in for a short while is how to access the infared port on an iMac. I don't know all too much about the layout of apple's new i-series' but I'd guess it's a usb device.

one project I have in mind for it is... . I have my computer's sound output threaded through my sterio (for better sound) and have come to listen to many mp3s and cds on my mac (since my sterio cd player is broken). It'd be amusing if nothing else to be able to use my sterio's remote (simple 8 button remote affecting volume and stop/play... for cds) to affect the play of cds and mp3s.

I'm sure it could be an interesting interface for other programs as well...

le meas,
--nick
# ===== Want to unsubscribe from this list? # ===== Send mail with body "unsubscribe" to macperl-request@macperl.org