Re: [MacPerl] Porting an Inside Mac QuickDraw example routine

Matthias Neeracher, <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> There *is* in fact, an application framework for the Toolbox routines
> (The MacWindow/Pane system). Apart from the fact that it's not very well
> documented, it should work just fine.

Indeed.  Kevin Reid posted some example code a while back, and even wrote
a module Mac::TextViewPane, which provides a set of high-level routines
for displaying both styled text and graphics in the same window.

Kevin's examples are:

http://www.macperl.com/depts/Code/_kpreid/

<caveat>
Some of Kevin's example's rely on beta versions of the QuickDraw and
QDOffScreen modules (particularly, "Volve" and MacPerl Fractal Explorer
(MPFE), which you'll have to get from:

ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl/Beta/

Furthermore some of Kevin's bleeding-edge examples require the 21May98
beta release of MacPerl, same location.
</caveat>

another Example is Alan Fry's MPEdit.pm, which is implements a TextEdit
based editor, along with his "MP Write", which doesn't use TextEdit.

http://www.macperl.com/depts/Code/Modules/MPEdit

http://www.macperl.com/depts/Code/Tools/MP_Write.plx.sit.hqx

Aside from QuickDraw, there's David Seay's speech examples, and <plug>my
guest article in this month's PerlMonth</plug>.  The Mac::Speech module
is straightforward and simple to use, and was really my introduction to
doing Toolbox calls from MacPerl.

http://www.macperl.com/depts/Code/_seay/

http://www.perlmonth.com/columns/mac_perl/mac_perl.html

--B