Re: [MacPerl] Porting an Inside Mac QuickDraw example routine

> Matthias Neeracher, <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
>
> > There *is* in fact, an application framework for the Toolbox routines
> > (The MacWindow/Pane system). Apart from the fact that it's not very well
> > documented, it should work just fine.
>
> Indeed.  Kevin Reid posted some example code a while back, and even wrote
> a module Mac::TextViewPane, which provides a set of high-level routines
> for displaying both styled text and graphics in the same window.

I have since written a version of the module that supports scrolling.
Don't know when I'll get around to releasing it though.

> Some of Kevin's example's rely on beta versions of the QuickDraw and
> QDOffScreen modules (particularly, "Volve" and MacPerl Fractal Explorer
> (MPFE), which you'll have to get from:
>
> ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl/Beta/
>
> Furthermore some of Kevin's bleeding-edge examples require the 21May98
> beta release of MacPerl, same location.
> </caveat>

Actually, MPFE requires the offscreen stuff and the beta MacPerl, but
Volve does not.

--
 Kevin Reid: |    Macintosh:
  "I'm me."  | Think different.