Re: [MacPerl] Mac::Speech and Dynaloader

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, richard moe wrote:

> Hi:
> Does a 6100 PPC lack [some] DynaLoader capacity?

It ought not to. :-) That's what I use, a trusty old original 6100/60.

> I get the appended message when trying the Mac::Speech examples
> from perlmonth. I have reloaded Perl to no avail. The message below
> results from running Speech.pm. The complained-about file is
> present (and new).On another machine the examples run fine,
> but on the machine I need them on they fail. I looked in the list archives
> and didn't see anything. SpeechRecognition and Sound give the same
> error; other modules that use
> DynaLoader (e.g., GD) work fine.I'm using the latest MP, with 64M.
>
>  # Can't load 'HOME HD:MacPerl:lib:MacPPC:auto:Mac:Speech:Speech' for module Mac::Speech: # DynaLoader error [-2804, SpeechLib].
> File 'HOME HD:MacPerl:lib:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 172
>
> # 	DynaLoader::bootstrap('Mac::Speech') called
> File 'HOME HD:MacPerl:lib:Mac:Speech.pm'; Line 113

I'll download the stuff from Perlmonth and try 'em out, but my initial
question is, when you say you have all the files, does this include
SpeechLib itself?

>From the PPC System Software doc, we have

fragLibNotFound	-2804	Library name not found in fragment registry

as the result code description. Sort of indicates to me that maybe
SpeechLib is not present in your (active) Extensions folder. Worth a
check, anyhow.

Arved Sandstrom