Re: [MacPerl] linux

On 11/20/99 at 6:48 PM, Brian McNett wrote:

: Nicholas G. Thornton, <Nicholas.G.Thornton@directory.reed.edu> wrote:
:
: > I've been looking through my archive of emails from the
: > list and came accross somethig which's caught my attention
: > again, Linux on a Mac box. I was wondering if someone could
: > give me a general idea of which acts as a real os, which as
: > an application running under MacOS, problems with each; or
: > where I could find the answers?
:
: Actually running Linux on the Mac requires that you partition your hard
: disk, or install a second hard disk soley for Linux.  Both OS's act as
: the "real" OS, although it requires a MacOS extension (BootX) to make the
: MacOS cooperate.
:
: Of course several Linux distros are available:
:

And don't forget about Yellow Dog, the third Linux (some say best) for PPC.

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

Don