[MacPerl] Re: [MacPerl-WebCGI] "flock" question

First:
I remember seeing workaround for "flock" in the mailing list.
Browse through the archive at bumppo.net.

>Be that your problem then the problem is in MacPerl and the MacOS. Thus beginning to shed light on why Chris Nandor says MacPerl and cgi don't mix all to well.

You can't generalize it that way I think.
It's quite o.k. if you don't have a lot of concurrent access.
"flock" is just one example how to properly handle such situations.
(Guess why so many people look for Linux ...)

Bad luck you can't just copy ready CGIs from the web which make
use of flock(). If it is just a counter I can give you another
example.

Axel