Re: [MacPerl] linux

on 11/20/1999 7:57 PM, Nicholas G. Thornton at
Nicholas.G.Thornton@directory.reed.edu wrote:

> I've been looking through my archive of emails from the list and came accross
> somethig which's caught my attention again, Linux on a Mac box. I was
> wondering if someone could give me a general idea of which acts as a real os,
> which as an application running under MacOS, problems with each; or where I
> could find the answers?

LinuxPPC is a real OS, which boots up and takes over the PPC750 (the cpu on
my G3 Laptop.)  The LinuxPPC OS can run MacOS applications (using something
call sheepshear - I believe - I haven't done that yet.)  You can mount MacOS
drives and printers using AppleTalk or regular IP.

It's Linux - On steroids!  (Much better than Intel; only platform more
powerful that I have seen is UltraPenguin on an UltraSparc system.)