Re: [MacPerl] Garbage collection

John W Baxter, <jwblist@olympus.net> wrote;

> it's quite likely that your disk volume is not
> named "Bainbridge"

Or "Vashon" or "Whidbey", or "Fidlago", or "Orcas" or any of the other
numerous islands in the Puget Sound.  Greetings from the opposite shore
of the Hood Canal, John!

Overwrites the logfile each time it's run. You need to write it like so:

    open TEST, ">>Bainbridge:Desktop Folder:test.log" or die "Oops $!";

If you want to append to the logfile.  Kinda "d'oh" obvious, but I
couldn't simply waste this msg on a simply "hi-howdy" to John, only (30?
50?  Not quite sure... miles away by road.).  Pro'lly the only two people
on the list who know where "Bainbridge" is (other than the volume on
John's Mac).

Or maybe Creed Lambard might know...

--B

Brian McNett, Webmaster