Re: [MacPerl] XS Modules, porting, MMP

At 2:29 AM -0600 11/23/99, Matthew Langford wrote:
>How does one submit requests to the www.pudge.net/mmp keepers?  I ask
>on-list, because surely others want to do this, too.
>
>The module in mind has an XS portion:  HTML::Parser_XS.

Put in the request, but don't be surprised if it doesn't get built
right away.  HTML-Parser-XS is currently under rapid development
(several versions per week lately), and if you have looked in Gisle
Aas' CPAN directory, you'll notice that the names are something like
"HTML-Parser-XS-2.99_13.tar.gz".  The underscore is put there
deliberately, since it prevents the normal CPAN indexing from
occurring.  This is beta software.  When HTML-Parser-XS-3.00 is
released, then it's ready.  I believe Gisle is planning on dumping
the pure Perl version at that point.

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com