Re: [MacPerl] In search of a better rot13?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 12:07:08PM -0500, Ronald J Kimball wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 08:03:51AM -0800, Brian McNett wrote:
> > I use this as a "Perl Filter" in BBEdit. Better would be to reimplement
> > the Unix 'caesar' command, which I note is on the 'to-do' list for the
> > Perl Power Tools project.
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl

Of course, that just handles the rotation part.  The manpage for caesar
doesn't give enough information about how the letter frequency part works.
Can someone provide a complete description of what caesar does when called
without a rotation argument?  Does it just count up letter frequencies in
the input and do a simple translation so that the most frequent becomes E,
the next most frequent becomes T, etc.?

Ronald