[MacPerl] installation (newbie)

I  have read all the installation chapters in the online manuals but
still....
I run a web site which incorporates a shopping cart.
This cart was designed in macperl by a consultant and when a visitor
clicks on the cart, the programme refers back to the consultant's site
where all database files and shopping cart progs are kept.
Obviously this slows everything down greatly.
My consultant is keen to  have me install macperl on my G3 server but
doesn't know how himself.
So my question: What do I need to do in order that all the macperl
scripts can be (altered as needs be and) transferred to my server?
Thanks in advance.
Colin Whelan