Re: [MacPerl] clear?

At 10:13 pm -0500 10/1/00, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 21.46 -0500 2000.01.10, Werewolf21@aol.com wrote:
>>Hey, I've got an easy, short question, I'm looking for a clear command so I
>>can clear the text from a screen, I know that most programming types have
>>one, only I can't seem to find this one.   Thanks
>
>There isn't one for MacPerl.  A kludge is something like:
>
>   MacPerl::DoAppleScript('close window "MacPerl" of app "MacPerl"');

Far better to send events from OneClick <http://www.westcodesoft.com>
or from Osa Menu <ftp://www.lazerware.com>.

        -- Compiled script "Clear MacPerl \B" -- use Command-B to activate
        tell app "MacPerl"
          Close Window "MacPerl"
          set Visible of Window "MacPerl" to true
        end tell

This is extremely fast (as the window closes it is there again
without an perceptible invisible phase) and has the great advantage
that it leaves "MacPerl" in the background, so it is not necessary to
switch back to the composition window.

I am using OneClick to fill in many useful missing items in the
MacPerl UI.  If anyone is interested in the palette or has any
requests for button scripts, I'll be happy to make it available.

Similarly if you want scripts for OSA Menu, I can post a collection.
Here's another to simulate an 8-character tab:

        -- Compiled script "Tab8 \§"   -- use Command-§ to activate
        tell app "MacPerl"
          set contents of selection to "        "
        end tell

JD