Re: [MacPerl] <aucun objet>

Simon,

You wrote:

> i am looking for the way to extract files informations
> (like the name, the size, the path and the CD name) from
> the CD with MacPerl...

You can't there from here, if I understand you correctly.
No file or CD name information is saved on typical audio
CDs. There are some 'enhanced' CD formats that may or may
not include this information, but that's of little general
use. All (or at least most) audio CDs have a signature
that you can use to look up the information in a CDDB
database. To use this, you would have to read the signature
code, then establish an internet connection to a database,
submit a query, close the connection, and then parse the
database results... Sounds like a lot of work to me. [wink]

You could simplify the MacPerl portion if you used a
program like NetCD to catalog your audio CDs into your
local database, "CD Remote Programs". Sean Burke wrote a
program that can parse this file. (I wrote another one,
but I see nothing wrong with Sean's for your purposes and
it's readily available on-line):

  http://www.macperl.com/depts/Code/Tools/CD_Remote_Programs.pl

I'm not sure how you read the file size, but I know it's
possible because my mp3 players can do it - they display
the track timing. Chris Nandor developed some audio CD and
mp3 interfaces in MacPerl; I don't know if they might help.
I've been meaning to check these out myself.
Check out Chris' site:

    http://pudge.net/macperl/

I'm not sure what your question about 'path' is referring to.

jay