Re: [MacPerl] <aucun objet>

At 2:41 PM -0500 1/21/00, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 14.38 -0500 2000.01.21, Brian McNett wrote:
>>>I am planing to make it whith FileMaker. But first, i am looking for the way
>>>to extract files informations (like the name, the size, the path and the CD
>>>name) from the CD with MacPerl and write those informations in a "tabs
>>>delimited file" ready to importe in FileMaker.
>>>
>>>What i need is a clue on how to do that. Of course, if some one has already
>>>done that and is ready to share , i would be very thanksfull.
>>
>>Sounds like a job for Mac::Glue.  Any advice, Chris?
>
>Hm.  Some thoughts.
>
>1.  It sounds like he wants to access a regular CD, not an Audio CD.  If it
>is an Audio CD, then the modules AudioCD::Mac and CDDB might be what are
>needed (and perhaps MPEG::MP3Info, too).
>
>2.  As for putting into FileMaker, at this stage creating a tab-delimited
>file might be easiest.  Once he gets all the data done, then he may wish to
>try adapting that to auto-import into FileMaker.  But getting the data
>seems to be the big problem now.

This should be a job for File::Find, yes?  And then using the file size
operators to get the actual size of the file... (after searching the
archives of this list to find out how to get the full size of a Mac file
including both the data fork and the resource fork)

Build this into a droplet, drop CDs on it one at a time... Or build
something that watches for newly mounted volumes, scans and then ejects
them... That part could be a job for Mac::Glue 'Finder'.

-Jeff Lowrey