Re: [MacPerl] Shell incantation

At 8:50 AM -0500 1/23/00, Joel Rees wrote:
>I keep getting getting the "I'm not sure this is really a script because
>the #! line is missing." message. Is this because there is a space in the
>path list?
>
>code:MacPerl ト:MacPerl
>
>Shell incantations I've tried:
>
>#!/code/MacPerl ト/MacPerl -w
>#!/code/MacPerl ト/MacPerl -w
>#!"!code:MacPerl ト:MacPerl" -w
>#!"!code:MacPerl ト:MacPerl" -w
>
>I've also tried removing the space and the non-standard character from
>the path (and the MacPerl folder name and re-launching). Now I don't get
>this warning when I paste the script into a MacPerl editor window and run
>it, just when I save it from Codewarrior (.pl extension) and run it from
>the macperl "run script" menu item.

The shebang line does not need the path to MacPerl.  MacOS doesn't
work that way.  All you need is

#!perl -w

although some of us do

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

just in case we move the script to a Unix box.

I believe the way it works is that it looks for "perl" and anything
after that is flags.  It's probably complaining because you don't
have "perl" in that string (case sensitive).

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com