Re: [MacPerl] sorry extra info re installing

What version of macperl are you running? When you select "File" -> "Save as..." and the dialog comes up you should have a menu with four items; to save as "Plain Text", "Runtime Version", "CGI Script", or "Droplet". I noticed you didn't list Droplet either.

As far as the runtime, assumming you need and make one (you wouldn't for the cgi). I'd suggest you use the RuntimeBuilder droplet by Michael Ziege (available I belive on pudge somewhere. I'm sure others on the list could say where). Because it goes through the hassles of making sure all the modules used are installed with it too etc etc. Aside from a sufficiently large program that you belive will be distributed to many macs without perl installed, I haven't found a terribly neccesary use for runtimes; then again I haven't distributed most of my programs off of this computer and I have perl installed, so... . I hope this has been of some use.

le meas,
--Nick
# ===== Want to unsubscribe from this list? # ===== Send mail with body "unsubscribe" to macperl-request@macperl.org