Re: [MacPerl] backgrounding MacPerl & cgi's

Axel M. Roest <axel@simplex.nl> wrote:

> Is there a way to run a cgi or Macperl in the background, so that it
> is not visible in the applications menu?

We just finisehd a thread on this subject (or something fairly close to
it). The short answer is no.  However, there is a way to force MacPerl
into hiding itself using Mac::Apps::Launch.  Your cgi will still hog CPU
time when its running, but it will do so in the background, and only when
you call it.

#!perl -w

use Mac::Apps::Launch;

Hide('MacPerl', 1) or warn $^E;

Thanks to Chris Nandor for that info, BTW.

--B

Brian McNett, Webmaster