[MacPerl] quid pro server

Hi!

I just downloaded Quid Pro 2.1(freeware) to try out my perl scripts.
Everytime I try to run the server, it seemingly quits showing type
1 error.  I find from the release notes that Quid Pro 2.1 (freeware)
requires Open Transport 1.3 which seemingly comes with Mac OS 8.
I use a 68040 series and I understand with OS 8 the machine would
become very slow.

I use Open Transport 1.1.1 with System Software 7.6.1. I do not know
if it the earlier version of Open Transport that is causing the problem.

As a possible solution, can someone from the Mac Perl list send me
on line an earlier version of Quid Pro which would be compatible with
Open Transport 1.1.1.  I have checked with the Quid Pro page and it does
not list earlier versions for download. And also some help as to how
to run the software.

I will be thankful for the help.

Regards

Amitava Basu