Re: [MacPerl] Quid Pro Server

Hello,

In case you missed the suggestion for NetPresenz
(<http://www.stairways.com>), let me repeat it. It is shareware, but only
$10, and it is a very good starting point. It should work with Sys 7.6
just fine, but its big feature for me was the tutorial on web serving
that comes with it.

On the other hand, you might want to go ahead and upgrade to Mac OS 8, if
you have the money. I'm running 8.1 on a Performa 630, and it is not
slower than 7.5, and it is more stable. I admit, I've maxed my RAM at 36M
and hung on a 4GB outboard SCSI HD. (Couldn't find anything smaller, and
I had hoped to be able to load MacBSD (UNIX).) The 250M internal drive
was kind of tight for internet use with Mac OS 8.

Another option may be to get onto Apple's site and look for the OT
downloads. You'll need to check whether OT 1.3 will run under sys 7.6,
however.

joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp