Re: [MacPerl] Anybody want to own the MacPerl column?

At 10:26 AM 2/17/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:
>
>> The idea of a "community effort" is fine, but we still need someone to
>> be the focal point, editor, chief hassler, and author of last resort.
>> Vicki has done this, with some help from me, but neither of us is in a
>> position to continue right now.  So, we need a victim^H^H^H^H^Holunteer.
>
>I've been hesitant to weigh in, but since Arved has broached the subject
>(and his suggestion was better than the one I was formulating), I'd be
>quite happy to serve as a "focal point" for a community effort.
>
>I can't committ myself to writing the column twelve times a year, so it
>will HAVE to be a community effort.  However, even split two or three
>ways it's more than manageable.

If you can be the pointman, which is great, I think the material will
follow. I can definitely pump out 2-3 columns per year. David Steffen also
has an initial idea for a CGI piece, and I suggest that he correspond with
you, also I'd be happy to look at it.

I think we can probably even count on reviewers to be in pretty steady
supply, so the work you'll have will be coordination and just sort of being
"steady", which is what I can't guarantee.

I have one column coming out for the next PerlMonth; after that I'm not sure
what the plan is.

Anyhow, thank you. I'll put some thought into column piece ideas.

Arved