[MacPerl] problem specifying path

=3D09I am a MacPerl beginner.  I am having the following problem.  I am
attempting to execute the following script:

******************************
#!Perl
open (IN,  '  7500HD :Utilities:MacPerl =3D9F:README') or die;
while ($line =3D3D <IN>) {
=3D09print ($line);
}
close (IN);
******************************

=3D09The script doesn't work, and the reason is the blank spaces which
occur in the name of my hard drive:  There are two blank spaces at the
beginning and one at the end of "  7500HD ".  I know this is the problem
because if I rename the hard drive "7500HD", i.e., I eliminate the spaces
in the name, the script works.  However, if I do this renaming, other
things break, for example various of my AppleScripts.  So I wish to retain
this awful name which occurred a long time ago during a fit of stupidity.

=3D09I have tried everything I can think of to get the script to work
including:
=3D09using backslash-space in place of each space;
=3D09using the octal or hexidecimal equivalents of the ascii code for
each space;
=3D09using %20 for each space---which is what Netscape does;
=3D09using Ctrl-V-space for each space;

=3D09None of these work.  There must be a simple way to do this?

=3D09Paul
--
Paul Schatz
Chem Dept