[MacPerl] Re: Photoshop/Photoscripter and glue

At 17.05 -0600 2000.03.31, Jefferson R. Lowrey wrote:
>>This results in the width, height and resolution being sent as special
>>data types. Cal Simone, the author of PhotoScripter, wrote the following
>>in answer to my question about the stucture of these AppleEvents:
>>
>>"Essentially, unit types are doubleword (8-byte) floating point numbers
>>with the data type being a unit of measurement, such as 'inch', 'metr',
>>'cent', instead of 'doub', the same as typeFloat in Apple Events.  So 3.0
>>as inches is identical in data to just 3.0, except for the descriptor
>>type which is 'inch' instead of 'doub'."
>>
>>I have no idea how to accomplish this with Glue or AppleEvents::Simple. It
>>may not be possible becasue of limitations in AEGizmos.
>
>I don't know AEGizmos, but I wouldn't think there'd be any limitations like
>that.
>
>As for the issue of working with floats and doubles, that's something I'm
>hoping Chris will answer.  I think you have to pack them, or something.  I
>remember discussing something like this a few months ago.  You might search
>the archives for stuff involving Glue and see what comes up.

>adjust docID changing image size to ¬
>		{width:$width as inches, height:$height as inches,
>resolution:$res as density, interpolation method:bicubic}

I'd have to play around with it, but it is possible.  Can you send me the
Glue POD for PhotoScripter?  Although it might be tough for me to figure it
out without access to the program itself, maybe I can give you examples and
you can test them.

--
Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | chris.nandor@andover.net | http://slashcode.com/