Re: [MacPerl] cpan-mac problems

At 12:02 PM -0400 4/6/00, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 17.48 -0700 2000.04.05, Mike Schienle wrote:
>>Hi all -
>>
>>This is the first time I've had to deal with cpan-mac and I'm running
>  >into something I have no idea how to deal with. I need to interact

>  >cpan> make DBD::CSV

>  >Doesn't look like a correct DBI installation.
>
>Just find the DBIXS.h file and put it in the right place.

OK. Hmm, just tried that - no joy.

After a moment's hesitation about how bad I was going to screw this
up, I decided to open the Makefile.PL and see what it was looking
for. I changed the UNIX directories to Mac format in these lines ...

foreach $dir (@INC) {
     if (-f "$dir/auto/DBI/DBIXS.h") {
	$DBI_INC_DIR = "-I$dir/auto/DBI";
	last;

... and it installed. So, did I screw something up? If not, is it
appropriate to pass the comments directly to the contact info (Jochen
Wiedmann) from the README? Just trying to do the right thing.
--

Mike Schienle                                 Interactive Visuals, Inc.
mgs@ivsoftware.com                  Remote Sensing and Image Processing