Re: [MacPerl] Wanted sample CW Module Project

>I don't understand.  Are you writing C-based XS modules that need to be
>compiled, or are you just writing a plain ol' perl module?  If the latter,
>then you don't need CodeWarrior.  Just write the module, and test it from
>the same directory as the scripts that call it, or copy it into your
>site_perl directory.
>
>If the former, you almost certainly will want to read Arved Sandstrom's
>tutorials on building XS modules and SWIG headers for Perl, at
><http://www.macperl.com/depts/Tutorials/>.  It explains what you need for
>various different cases, and for MPW as well as CodeWarrior.  There are
>probably also relevant pieces of the MacPerl Power and Ease book,
>reachable from the same www.macperl.com site, which explain what is
>needed.
>
>If you are compiling C extensions, have read the tutorials, and you want
>something else, I'd be happy to pass along a CW Pro5 XML export file which
>you can edit for your hard drive paths, add water, and make a project.
>It's for the HTML::Parser module from CPAN; the project has only one
>.c file in it.  You will definitely need to download the MacPerl Src
>distribution to compile an XS file, FWIW.

I tried the mentioned tutorial but could not get things to work.
I use CW Pro 5. The compiler was complaining about multiple redefinitions on
some things in the sfio library of Perl.

I would appreciate receiving a CW Pro5 XML export file to know the right
project settings.

Is downloading the MacPerl Src distribution enough, or should I build
MacPerl as well to compile a XS module?

---
Rene' Laterveer
laterveer@mac.com